What is Seminar?
AQSG's feature event is our annual Seminar. Held in a new location every year, Seminar brings quilt enthusiasts and scholars together for a weekend engaged in quilt study. In addition to the presentation of research papers chosen for publication in Uncoverings and a renowned keynote speaker, Seminar offers pre-conference tours, roundtable discussions, study centers, and a poster session, all directed toward the interests of quilt lovers. Other events include a book signing featuring famous authors of quilt history; a live and silent auction of quilt treasures; show-and-tell of remarkable quilts, textiles and related items; an on-site quilt exhibition; and the sale of vintage quilts, textiles and sewing tools from member dealers all over the country.
Seminar presents the opportunity to view quilts from new perspectives, discuss aspects of women's and cultural history, learn the latest in documentation and research, as well as the chance to mingle with authors, quilters, teachers, and quilt community leaders. AQSG's Seminar guarantees a unique learning experience for everyone with a connection to quilts.
AQSG proudly recognizes these Sponsors of Seminar 2014
Sponsors of Paper Presenters and Publication of Uncoverings
- American Quilt Study Group Board of Directors in grateful
recognition for many years of support from the Ardis and Robert James Foundation
- Karey Bresenhan, Founder and Director Emeritus International Quilt Festival
- Pete & Linda Claussen
- Eastern Shore Quilt Study Group in memory of Lucinda Reddington Cawley
- Marianne Fons in honor and recognition of Quilter Vonda Davis
- Friends of Joyce Gross in honor of Joyce Gross
- The Robert & Ardis James Foundation
- Midwest Fabric Study Group
- Professional Association of Appraisers - Quilted Textiles (PAAQT)
- Wisconsin Quilt Study Group
- Northern Illinois Quilt Study Group
Welcome Event Sponsors
- Patched Works, Inc.
- Primitive Gatherings Quilt Shop
- Sew ‘n Save & Elmwood Fabric Gallery
For their generous support and underwriting of Seminar events our sincere appreciation goes to:
- Lighthouse Quilters Guild
- Milwaukee County Historical Society
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- Wisconsin Museum of Quilts and Fiber Arts
Thank You to the 2014 Seminar Committee
Welcome Event: Sherry Branson, Dee Pitthan, Holly Scott
Auctions: Bonnie Eales Jensen, Laurie Magee, Allison Rainboth
Volunteers: Donna Wisnoski
Study Centers: Amy Korn
Roundtable Discussions: Lenna DeMarco
Vendor Sale: Lisa Erlandson
Book Sale: Ebie Morris, Anna Harkins
Hospitality Gift: Linda Halpin, Joey Mahieu
Tours: Valerie Davis
Registration Desk: Linda Honsberger
Show and Tell: Nancy Smith
Special Quilt Exhibit: Pat Barry, Maribeth Schmit
Save the Date
Seminar 2015 September 9-13 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Seminar 2016 September 14-18 in Tempe, Arizona.
For highlights from Seminar 2013, please click here.
For highlights from Seminar 2012, please click here.
For highlights from Seminar 2011, please click here.
For highlights from Seminar 2010, please click here.
For highlights from Seminar 2009, please click here.
For highlights from Seminar 2008, please click here.